Controlling Pumps and Motors
The DiaLog Scout, while only having a single relay output, is a flexible and powerful solution for automatically turn a motor on/off based on combinations of digital and analog inputs WITHOUT having to write a program or ladder-logic.
The Scout provides control by enabling the relay to track when a digital or analog channel goes into alarm conditions. Additionally, the relay can be controlled remotely by calling into the Scout activate the relay.
The relay can be controlled when:
- A digital/dry input changes from open to closed or visa versa after a given period of time
- A digital/dry input reaches a total time in a state (e.g. after an hour has been accumulated)
- An analog input reaches a limit (independent low and high limits)
- Remote phone call to activate.
What the relay does:
- At each transition into the conditions listed above, the relay can activate.
- At each transition out of the conditions listed above, the relay will de-activate.
- Turn on/off a pump to control the level in a tank.
- Turn on a horn if the door to a cooler has been open for more than 30 seconds at a time.
- Turn on a light or horn when a high-level float is activated.
- Turn on a light or horn when primary power is lost.